Tuesday, September 20, 2005

White Sox Baseball

The sky was on fire last night. Possibly my last night at the Cell, Comisky as I like to think of it. I sat for a few minutes up on the fan deck. Wonderful. I got to see my 2005 Chicago White Sox once again. As the cannons blared and the boys took the field, I held back a tear.

We didn't win that game. But, I did get to see my team once again live on the field. Not since the Yankees on 1997-1999, have I felt this close to a team. Regardless of whether or not we can hold back the tribe, I have grown to love these players and think of them as my guys, my team, my gang, my own.

So, I want to take a moment and be thankful for all the good times they gave me this month, to be thankful for Hawk and DJ whom I always enjoy listening to. I want to be thankful for the taste of those Brats, the best I've ever had, period...those silly t-shirt vendors outside.

No comments: