Sunday, May 27, 2007

How's the writing?

So, it looks like I've got my reading of the boxing play scheduled. Nice. Everyone I asked said they would do it. That's a good feeling.

Even more material for it is coming, which is an opposite for where I was with it say 12 months ago. Back then I felt I had this play inside me but I couldn't find the pathway, the journey towards the final destination.

Now, I'm becoming aware (more like remembering) that in the end, I'll probably have to do some cutting and that could be tough since I'm falling more and more in love with it everyday. The world of the play seems fuller and more rich even day and the reading is the penultimate personal event now for my summer. July 15th

Also, been actively reexamining, editing the novel. That leaves me hot and cold. Man, this novel business is tough. Editing is harder than writing. I may skip ahead in the novel, the exposition I feel is necessary in the beginning is starting to wear on me, if I jump into the meat and work my way out for a few days, maybe that will refresh, maybe that will get the voices more solid more purposeful more along the way I want them.

No comments: