Friday, September 07, 2007

Blah Blah Blah Theatre Blah Blah

Tonight WNEP's Soiree Dada opens at the Chicago Cultural Center. I've been attached to this project as an assistant director for quite some time now (since February or March I think), and that involvement effectively comes to an end tonight. Whereas I plan to attend future showings when the understudies get to go up, providing moral support on opening night is arguably my last real active participation with the production. It is now squarely in the hands of the cast and the stage manager.


This is the first such production/rehearsal process I have been involved in since the Mammals Theatre Company's last show, Save Me From Myself, performed in January 2005. So, I've been reflecting alot the past few days, trying to figure out what direction my life is heading in. I have a sense of what the next 12 months hold regarding production. But, sometimes it isn't just about the the next show. Sometimes you have to figure out what your soul your ego your being is aiming toward in a larger schemata. I guess this is what has got me furrowing my brow lately. What will improve the quality of my life so that I feel I'm living the best possible life available to me with the resource I have been given?

No comments: