Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Personal Assessment

It is during the month of September last year that I was planning my escape from both Atlanta and my previous employer. December 1st of last year was when I relocated back to Chicago from Atlanta with the help of some friends. So if my return to Chicago were a zygote then the baby probably would have arrived a few weeks ago.

So what happened during the pregnancy stage of my rebirth? On the artistic front plenty

1) My involvement as a writer in the Armageddon Radio Hour
2) Directing excerpts from Sammy and the Cricketman for the Mill's etc. fest
3) Completion and Reading of the First Draft of The Meatlocker
4) My involvement as Asst Director in WNEP's Soiree Dada
5) Editing the first five pages of my Freshman Novel effort, Seven Snakes
6) Beginning Preproduction on Clay Continent, opening 2008
7) Worked up to a workout of 45 minutes of cardio 3 times a week (the past 5 weeks)

None of these things would have happened if I had stayed put.

During the next 3 months as I move towards being back in Chicago for 1 year, what are my goals? Artistic and otherwise?

1) Complete 50% of the edited draft of Seven Snakes
2) Complete a second draft of The Meatlocker
3) Participate in NaNoWriMo and write a second first draft of a novel length work
4) Move my stuff still in storage in Atlanta back up to Chicago.
5) Lose 10 pounds
6) Incorporate some basic weight lifting in my workouts
7) Stop drinking caffinated coffee (ugh!!! good luck)
8) Get the Mammals website back online ($$$)
9) Develop a marketing plan for Clay Continent

2 comments:

Paul said...

If you incorporate some basic weight-lifting into your workout, trust me: Those ten pounds are gonna disappear.

Devilvet said...

Today, actually I start lifting. Really light though. I mean so light that the senior citizens mock my efforts. Do that for the next 2 weeks.