Thursday, November 08, 2007

11004 so far.

Last night I broke through 11000 words. 11004 to be exact. Already I'm surprised by alot of events and characters that suddenly appear when I am forced to just sit down and write. I think that I have to find a way to take the drive, the engine that works for me during the NaNoWriMo and apply it to other projects throughout the year.

Last year, I would say that at least half of the writing I did was between 9 to 5. This did not bother so much since I was going to be leaving that office in a matter of weeks, had already given my notice, and was without any projects to take up my time. I feel slightly different this year. I like this new job and my work environment and so feel a little more guilt. So, I've done the writing this year mostly at home. If I am sitting at the desk and get hit with a great idea or turn of phrase, I will email it to myself and work on it later.

2 comments:

Paul said...

That engine?

It's called a deadline, punk.

Devilvet said...

Save the "punk" til yer talkin to someone where ya got the weight advantage

;)