Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hopper Hopper Hopper

So, yesterday I spoke about some of my personal struggles with continuing to generate content for the Hopper Project. I believe in this project and am a firm supporter of it from it's inception straight through to closing night. But, as we continued our monthly/bimonthly writer's meetings...I voiced at the last one that I though I had written probably the best piece I would for the project. I inquired about others' methods for ideas, etc. But, I did have a confessional moment where I said out loud, I don't know what else I have that is as good as a certain piece I had already presented. Drama Queen Moment? Maybe. That wasn't my goal. i wanted to continue to write things that were meaningful, and I just wasn't certain what direction to take. But, then yesterday as I started combing through the images again I got an idea. There was the one great white whale that not of us had thus far mentioned, Nighthawks at the Diner. It was questionable whether or not Jen even wanted to include this piece in the project (a sort of damned if you do, damned if you don't element to it). Plenty of people of have discussed the work of Leonardo Da Vinci without discussing Mona Lisa, but come on what is the first thing most people thing of when they think LeoDaVinci?

So, I tried to put words in the mouth of those four characters. A Woman and a man seated next to each other, A stranger (my term for the other male customer), and a waiter. Who knows what will happen ultimately. Or better yet When knows (aka time will tell). I think the final ideas are starting to formulate. But, for me personally best of all, I'm excited again about the possibilities of what I might create as a writer on this project.

Anyways, I'll post my script up here later. Maybe tonight or tomorrow. I would like some comment when I do, from every one but specifically anyone involved with the project that might read my blog from time to time.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Do it, man.