Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mammalian Stuff aka the Theater company

Next week we begin rehearsals for Clay Continent. I am excited. There have been some changes back and forth about who's in the show in which role (ironic for a show about phuk'd up identity). But, I will be back in the rehearsal room next week, in a show I'm producing...it has been a while. And even though, there are somethings that you never forget like in bike riding...I'm still nervous, still anxious? Am I out of practice as a producer? What mistakes will I make,etc,etc...

The only course though is to sally forth and forgive oneself when accidents happen. Still, I am very happy to be back in the thick of it, very happy to be directing my own work once again after a 3 year hiatus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have an amazing time and good luck! We just started rehearsals for The Skriker and I haven't directed anything since The Scarlet Letter - a year and a half ago ... I'm definitely having moments of panic, followed by me yelling at myself to stop being such a wuss, followed by me just trying to be zen about it.

One thing I need to grab a hold of is the "happiness" part of it, to be honest ... I don't know if you got the news or not, but ... Chris and I are expecting and it's been tough going, so ...trying to balance both will be a very interesting challenge.

The main thing I have to remind myself of is just to enjoy and trust the people surrounding me.

And remember to ask for help when I need it. My constant challenge.

RZ