Monday, March 17, 2008

5 rehearsals left till tech

Yesterday was the first rehearsal off book. There were a lot of positives. Some incredibly compelling moments are happening already. The first 2 thirds of the play might even be ready for an audience. However, yesterday also showed us that we have not spent nearly as much time working the last 4 scenes of the show, which we did strenuously last night. A very useful time I think for all. It is so frustrating sometimes though when something isn't clicking, especially when the actors have moments where they literally had me on the edge of my seat.

Yesterday showed me two things. One, we are going to have an excellent show. It is going to be intense, funny, bloody, wonderful. Two, we have to make the most use of the 5 rehearsals/15 hours we have left before tech. Everybody did amazing stuff last night that made me so incredibly proud of them...And, it made me want to push them even more, push them even further.

No comments: