Meme - Books
1) Last book you started - Title, author and brief description
2) Last book you finished - Same as above
3) Best book you've read in the past 12 months - Same as above and why (2 and 3 way ties are allowed)
4) Best(ish) book you ever read - you get it
1) Two Brothers by Bernardo Atxaga. Story of 2 brothers who lose parent and come of age as told by animal naarators who witness the action
2) I Have a Right to Destroy Myself by Young Ha Kim. A wild hypnotic book about a woman who arranges for her suicide with the Narrator. Reading this book was like a fever dream. The woman sleeps with brothers who dont seem to be able to get past her. It was a great read, but I cant tell you what it was about other than Art and Letting Go and other such stuff.
3) Sleepwalking Land by Mia Couto. African dystopic magic realism. Mesmerized me. Close Second was St Lucy's School for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell...short stories about magic and kids and loss of innocence with occasional corpses.
4) Probably SlaughterHouse-Five by Vonnegut. I have read it like 6 or 7 times or maybe Old Man and the Sea by Hemingway