Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Fellow American Artists

After careful consideration, I have decided to suspend my blog until we are past this economic crisis which threatens to handicap our nations' ability to express itself intelligently, coherently, and in a manner which permits us as artists to maintain the status quo with other of our fellow Americans.

I call upon Don Hall, Scott Walters, Issac Butler and any other blogger that I have ever expressed opposition to their viewpoint to join me in this absolutely pointless gesture.

For once lets set aside our differences, reach across the aisle and come together in this time of mutual need.

And, even though I will have posts and comments going up in the upcoming days and weeks, let me be perfectly clear. These posts are not blogging. They are at most blogging about not blogging.

I am aware that my critics will attempt to paint a picture of this response as reckless and opportunistic. But in this sort of 9-11 economic/blogospheric scenario partisan blogging is only going to serve as part of the problem. It is not the sort of thing that a self styled Maverick blogger like myself can engage in any longer.

5 comments:

Director said...

I'm the Director, and I endorse this message.

Scott Walters said...

My response is on my blog:

http://theatreideas.blogspot.com/2008/09/prof-response-to-devilvet.html

Don Hall said...

I don't blog.

I vent and sputter.

I can no more suspend the venting and the sputtering than I could suspend my disbelief when I go see a show by the House Theatre of Chicago.

RebeccaZ said...

And though both Professor Walters and Blogger Hall have been going on lately about how they are always, quote, “fighting for you,” let us face the matter squarely.

There is only one man in this blogosphere who has ever really fought for you … in places where typing and writing means survival and not blogging for a day or two means death … and that man is the Devilvet.

- From a girl who's currently wearing glasses with her hair pulled back.

Paul Rekk said...

witty Ralph Nader quip