Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vacation

Tomorrow back to Chicago. Seattle is wonderful, but I am homesick. Home sweet home! I got a bunch of CD's to listen to on the plane.

Lesson learned - Be wary of taking vacation after taking a work trip. You're exhausted. You can still enjoy, but you are still tired tired tired.

Lesson learned - Sometimes it is good just to relax in another place. You dont have to go crazy and do everything a tourist does. You can just eat and read and shop and that's it.

West Seattle is so beautiful. Alki Beach...beautiful. I want to come back for a weekend next summer and see a game at Safeco.

If you want to totally unwind, nothing big city then do Astoria, Oregon. Beautiful place, sleepy foggy beautiful town on the water.

I don't know what to think of Portland.

Lesson learned - I am a Chicagoan. I love to visit other places, but I am a Chicagoan.

1 comment:

RVCBard said...

Sometimes it is good just to relax in another place. You don't have to go crazy and do everything a tourist does. You can just eat and read and shop and that's it.

I used to think I was crazy/lazy/boring just for doing those things. But I guess I'm not.