Monday, March 30, 2009

Fewer Artsy Posts it seems

The difficulty with continuing to post while so entrenched in a show, is
that every thought I have abut art is about the show. And so of the stuff
I am thinking about doesn't really need to be aired out. I don't have to
write extensive posts about production difficulties. Also, i don't want to
turn this blog into a place where i am constantly high fiving myself for
the public every time we have a good rehearsal. others have said it, and I
concur... it is sometimes easier to write about theatre when you are up in
your knees doing it.

3 comments:

devilvet said...

However, once the show is over. It expect to write alot about the process of it. How it was different or the same from previous endeavours, etc.

-dv

Tony Adams said...

I always seem to have way more ideas of stuff to write about when in production, but little time to write it.

The Director said...

I agree. Most of my thoughts about theatre lately are the kinds of things that should either stay to yourself or be shared in a private environment. The rest are things that are best kept under wraps til the show opens. I, too, expect to write a lot about the process after the show closes.