Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rough Cut Fairy Tale (Scene Eleven)

Scene Eleven

(Turtle and Birdy)

I know what you're thinking. I know you're thinking about leaving me

Yes I am.

Leaving our nest, our shell.

I have to

You can't

I will

Mother was wrong!

Mother! Did we ever have a mother?

Yes! And she loved us! You don't talk about her! You don't get tot talk about mother!

Fine!

You are evil. Mother was wrong. She told me I had to protect you from the world, from all the evils of the world. But when I look at you all I see is evil.

Don't tempt me

Selfish, selfish evil!

Fine, I'm leaving

You can try. But you're tied to the shell. The spell of the shell. You have to return.

(Birdy takes the forks and pries the top shell off of the bottom. Turtle falls into a coma. Birdy flees)

I told you not to tempt me!

No comments: