Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rough Cut Fairy Tale (Scene Nine)

Scene Nine

(Snailman speaks with Birdy who is drunk on the slime emitted from Snailman's fingers)

Have you considered my offer

Yes. I think I'm ready.

What are you prepared to do?

I was just going to slip my key under the door tonight and come back here.

But, she wont be able to let go of you so easily

She'll have no choice

If you truly want to break with her then you will have to crack her shell

Why

You are bound to her because of her shell. It is both your shells. A shell is a hard thing to become unbound from

But she'll need the shell after I leave.

She'll use the shell to stay strong, and then she'll use that strength to bind you to her. I know what I'm speaking about. I have experience with shells.

So, I can't just leave one shell for another?

I wont let you in this shell until I know that your mine. All mine.

But, if I crush the shell...it would kill her.

I don't think so. She isn't really a turtle.

She's been a turtle as long as I cant remember?

How is it you became sisters?

We've always been sisters

A Bird and A turtle? Sisters? What sort of specie are you then?

I don't know.

You're parents?

I don't know.

I think your sister pretends she is a turtle. If I am right, she'll survive when you crack the shell

I wont do it.

(He pulls his finger away)

Then leave me.

(She grabs for the finger, he withholds)

What are you prepared to do?

I don't want to hurt her.

I think you should leave

When can I return.

You know my mind.

I can't

You will come to hate her. And when that happens, you will do it. And, I'll be here waiting to embrace you, waiting to nurse you not with one, but with all ten fingers...all ten toes. If you break her shell and give yourself to me, all my appendages shall yours.

I don't know.

No comments: