Thursday, March 26, 2009

Stuff and Stuff

So it seems that the amount of time I spent actually making theatre greatly effects the amount of time I can dedicate to blogging. That... and being sick the past two weeks. The number of shows I've been seeing has dropped to nil, but I knew that could happen once rehearsals started to kick in. This flu thing didn't make matters any better in that dept either.

I wish I could have gotten to Lost Shakespeare Play. I have a lot of respect for the folks involved in that, but schedules and illness stopped it. I also wanted to see Laika's Dream at Building Stage's puppet festival, but...see above.

You may have noticed that I've been putting up scenes for a work in progress call Rough Cut Fairy Tale (link to scene one). This is a piece that will be constantly developing in small ways here at the blog until the show goes up later this summer at Right Brain Project.

The majority of my thought process right now is being consumed by all things Mammals. Our production of Devils Don't Forget is still a month away, but I've been busy doing that thing I do (which appears to be everything). I am really excited for this show, and that has alot to do with this cast. They are amazing. Please come check out this show and invite some friends from facebook as well!

Also, I am in mid rehearsal for Side Project. This show I think is going to be a great little piece. The gang we've recruited to perform the piece is nice. It might be the first time in a long time that I'm working with actors that I didn't know before I saw them at auditions. That is kind of exciting. It forces me to reanalyze my process.

There are other projects as well, but I've got to start putting first things first and worry about those bridges after I've crossed a few spans between here and there.

No comments: