Friday, April 10, 2009

FavoriteThing(s)ThisWeek - The Side Project

Last night we had our dry tech for Side Project's Cut to the Quick. Wednesday of this week was our last rehearsal of Torture Chamber, one of the pieces for the Atoms Smasher program.

First off, let me take a moment to say I've got a great cast of folks for this show. Brett Lee, Kipp Moorman, and Roxanne Saylor... this was my first time directing each of these folks, and I hope that I get to work with each one of them again soon and often. I'm so proud of the piece that they have created. With just a little time and a lot of dedication they are doing some excellent work. It is a joy to work with folks like these actors! Nuff said about these three top drawer talents!

I also have to say that the folks at the Side Project, Adam and Jeremy and the teams they have essembled, are doing a great job. They have produced these Cut to the Quick festivals before and it shows. Everything is coming together and I think we are going to have a magnificent little festival here.

My first experience with Side Project was as an audience member. I saw their production of FASTER last year, a play that I had read, enjoyed, and was looking forward to seeing. They did a fantastic job!. Between that and the experience of Cut to the Quick, I got to say I want to work more with Side Project. Major kudos.

Atom Smashers opens on April 19th. Go see it! And then make sure to catch the other programs as well. Lots of great programming this month at the Side Project.

No comments: