Friday, May 22, 2009

PUT MY FINGER IN YOUR MOUTH
Scene Six

Scene Six

BIRDY
Is this still the dream?


TURTLE
No. This is real.

BIRDY
(Waving her arms about as if she were in slow motion underwater) I don't believe you Dream Turtle. Prove it.

(TURTLE pinches BIRDY hard)

BIRDY
Ow! That fucking hurt!

TURTLE
I'm surprised you can feel anything

BIRDY
Don't ever do that pinching shit again! Alright?!

TURTLE
You bitch about my pinching but I know for a fact that you put up with far worse shit from others

BIRDY
(Mocking) I know for a fact meh meh meh meh meh meh...

(TURTLE holds up a dozen or so polaroids.)

TURTLE
You want to talk about these? (BIRDY grabs and pulls a few out of TURTLE'S grasp) Do you even remember posing for these?

BIRDY
Where did you get those?

TURTLE
They were just on floor with the rest of the mess you trailed in here when you got back this morning.

BIRDY
(Looking at the pictures, Laughes) Oh Shit!

TURTLE
This isn't funny Birdy

BIRDY
It's a little funny.

TURTLE
(Pointing to the picture) Where are you panties? I can see your...

BIRDY
Change purse?

TURTLE
I don't know how to ask this...I'm just going to say it...Are you a prosititute?

BIRDY
Whatever! Only you could be prude enough to think such a shitty thing.

TURTLE
Then enlighten me. Why did you do it?

BIRDY
Just a harmless way to score.

TURTLE
Who took these?

BIRDY
Some old guy in a box

TURTLE
Did he...?

BIRDY
No no no. Just the pictures

TURTLE
He didn't hurt you?

BIRDY
He didn't break anything.

TURTLE
Good

BIRDY
I am resilient

TURTLE
No. You're a mess. Don't go out tonight, alright? Take the night off.

BIRDY
Sorry sis. I'm getting back into the club hook or crook.

(BIRDY tries to get up, but she almost falls back down from the fatigue of a little too much partying. TURTLE catches her.)

BIRDY
Maybe, a quiet night at home would be alright. Just this once.

TURTLE
Easy! Take it easy!

BIRDY
Besides, I got supplies

(BIRDY reaches into BIRDY'S SPACE and pulls out a section of cardboard from the BOX MAN'S box.) I got this while the old space man was popping his bulbs

TURTLE
I don't want in here.

BIRDY
Relax. It'll be all be gone in few days. Ha ha! A week at the most!

TURTLE
I don't like it

BIRDY
How do you know you don't?

TURTLE
I've seen what that sorta stuff can do.

BIRDY
Have you ever done it?

TURTLE
(Pause) no

BIRDY
Well then you don't know what you're talking about

TURTLE
Don't tell me what I know and don't know

BIRDY
What a minute...why did you pause

TURTLE
What?

BIRDY
You paused

TURTLE
No I didn't

BIRDY
Yes you did! I asked if you'd done it and then you dot dot dot paused!

TURTLE
I hiccuped

BIRDY
No you didn't bitch

TURTLE
Yes I did! It was a hiccup! Don't go reading to much into my hiccups. You've got me so upset, and I always get hiccups when I get upset!

BIRDY
I sure as hell didn't see you hiccup

TURTLE
Well I did

BIRDY
Do it again

TURTLE
You want me to hiccup up on command?

BIRDY
No! I want to know if you ever dropped a tab

(BIRDY tries to get up to wave the cardboard in front of TURTLE'S face but, again she is weaking than she expects. TURTLE has to steady her again.)

TURTLE
That's it. Let's lie down alright

BIRDY
Maybe. Maybe I will.

No comments: