Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Finger Act 2 Scene 4

Act 2 Scene 4

TURTLE
Stay back

BIRDY
What is wrong with you?

TURTLE
I saw you. I saw you last night

BIRDY
What do mean

(TURTLE plays back the audiovisual of BIRDY'S last line from their previous scene while holding the knife)

BIRDY
I'm sorry

TURTLE
She's coming Mother. She is getting closer.

I told you to stay back

(TURTLE plays another mp3 of MOTHER)

MOTHER
Play is OK, but play safe

(BIRDY takes out the knife and sets it on the ground)

BIRDY
There...there...alright?!

TURTLE
How do I know it isn't a trick

(BIRDY goes to her space and starts collecting her things)

BIRDY
I was hoping it wouldn't have to be like this

TURTLE
What?!

BIRDY
Saying goodbye.

TURTLE
You're leaving? You can't.

BIRDY
Yes I can!

TURTLE
I wont let you.

BIRDY
How are you going to stop me?

TURTLE
I wont stop you. Mother will.

( BIRDY grabs Cellphone)

BIRDY
Wake up! Mother isn't inside this thing! This isn't a magic shell holding her soul! It is a fucking cellphone. It is just a bunch of recorded messages from a dead women. She's dead Turtle.

TURTLE
Don't say that

BIRDY
We're alive.

TURTLE
I don't want to be alone

BIRDY
Wont you always have Mama?!

(TURTLE picks up the knife and aims it at her own heart)

TURTLE
Is this what you want?

BIRDY
Turtle put the knife down.

TURTLE
No

BIRDY
Put it down or I'll...smash it (referring to the cellphone)

TURTLE
No..no..no

BIRDY
Don't do it!

(TURTLE screams she starts to push the knife in just a little bit)

TURTLE
Stay!!!!

BIRDY
Drop the knife or I'll do it!

(TURTLE cuts a little deeper. BIRDY smashed the cellphone. TURTLE drops the knife. Crawls to the remains of the cellphone.)

TURTLE
Mama? Mama...

(TURTLE is paralyzed, comatose. BIRDY runs over to her. She doesn't know what to do. She collects her things including the knife and runs away. She leaves the door open and we can see the sky is falling outside.)

No comments: