Monday, June 22, 2009

FINGER
ACT TWO SCENE FIVE

ACT TWO
SCENE FIVE

(BIRDY runs in and embraces SNAIL)

BIRDY
I didn't think I could do it. But I did

SNAIL
Shhhh! Relax tell me what happened.

BIRDY
I smashed her phone. I shattered her world.

SNAIL
It must have been incredibly difficult for you.

BIRDY
It was

(SNAIL feels the knife beneath BIRDY'S shirt)

SNAIL
What is that?

BIRDY
A gift?

SNAIL
An offering?

BIRDY
Not exactly

SNAIL
(more assumption than question)
For me.

BIRDY
No, it was a gift for me

SNAIL
Birdy, why would you bring that here.

BIRDY
Well, it does get hairy in here sometimes.

SNAIL
Is that her blood on the tip?

BIRDY
She cut herself. She threatened to cut her even more. If I dared to leave her.

SNAIL
Allow me to be everything you need. You're with me. You know who I am. What I can do. Allow me... (she allows him to take the knife away. He hands it to a gang member who throws it in the garbage dumpster outside. BOXMAN sees this from a distance. He shakes his head, and disappears.)

(BIRDY is sucking SNAIL'S finger. His gang looks on. BIRDY is oblivious only focusing on the need for his secretion)

SNAIL
Where is she?

BIRDY
I left her. She is in a coma.

SNAIL
You must bring her to me

BIRDY
But, why?

SNAIL
We will use her

BIRDY
How?

SNAIL
You will bring her to me

BIRDY
I thought you wanted me

SNAIL
I do. But I need her too.

BIRDY
You can't have us both. What was the point of me harming her or me shattering her world if all you wanted me to do was bring her with me. The point was so that I could get away.

SNAIL
You will not bring her to me?

BIRDY
You ask too much

(SNAILMAN signals to his gang who gather their hunting party)

SNAIL
Perhaps, you are ready to become one of us. I thought that once you had severed your connection to your sister, you'd ripen, I thought you'd evolve. But you are either with her or your with us. We need her, we need her muscle, her bone, her tissue...(referring to the secretion from his finger)...where else do you think this comes from... something this special requires serious sacrifice. I'll ask you one more time...where is your sister.

BIRDY
(Struggling against the effect of the drug)
Fuck you.

(BIG BOUNCER throws the bag over her head. She screams. blackout)

No comments: