Monday, December 14, 2009

FavoriteThing(s)ThisWeek

As the Mammals Theatre company continue to present our new show BREED WITH ME, I am going to focus my FavoriteThings on some of my favorite genre websites, artists, etc ... things that inspire me and inspire my art, art like BREED WITH ME






Kiki Smith

Kiki Smith has created some of the most immediate, simple, powerful imagery about women I have ever seen. I am always compelled and influenced by her work, especially when thinking about characters like the femme fatale in the Mammals' BREED WITH ME.

When I look at these sculptures, I've always wanted to see them come to life, to watch/witness stories starring them as the protagonists.

1 comment:

Modernwarhol said...

The last piece (the shell made of skin) is not Kiki Smith it is by an artist named Janine Antoni. Another cool artist to check out.