Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hats

A-I don't like this hat anymore
B-Why not
A-It's making me old
B-You used to love that hat
A-Not anymore
B-You're going to get old regardless of the hat.
A-But the hat aint helping things. Not a bit.
B-Why blame the hat.
A-Hat like this one comes with responsibilities
B-Does it?
A-They convince you that look good in a hat like this. They intimate it is the right hat for you. It makes you look dignified and other such stuff. But what they don't tell you is that these sorts of hats require a lot of upkeep. And the more time you put into the care and management of this type of hat, the more the hat sort of sinks it's fangs into you. You start caring about the hat, even though you might truly hate the hat. You might truly hate the way the hat makes you feel. But it was such a difficult hat to come by. And if you just take it off and throw it away, hell, who knows when you'll ever find another hat.
B-You get something back from the hat.
A-Headache is all you get. This hat gives me a headache
B-So chuck it already.
A-That's just what I'm going to do. I'm getting rid of it. I'm finally going to get the hell rid of this hat.
B-I'll roll down the window for ya.
A-Good. Here it goes
(A doesn't get rid of the hat. B shakes head and rolls the window back up.)
B-Well, I don't blame you.
A-...God damn I hate this hat.

No comments: