Wednesday, July 07, 2010

On being civil when asking for money!

On being civil at the very least in person.

So I was invited to a fundraiser. It happens. Alot. And when I got there, I found alot of friendly faces I hadn't seen in a while. It felt great. Two interactions really stood out. One of the individuals there was super friendly. This person when out of their way to make me feel welcome, to introduce me to other people I didn't know. This person made the experience wonderful, inclusive, inviting. There was somebody else there, this person was in a bad mood. This person went out of their way to be rude and standoffish. This person did nothing but complain about others in a recent project. When asked what this person was working on, this person just shrugged and said something self derogatory and then mocked me for pretending to care.

Here's some advice. If you can't be friendly, positive, and gracious at your own fundraiser, stay home... or at the very least stay away from my table after I just paid the cover to support you.

No comments: