Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Journal Entry

Seven Snakes sold out this weekend. It is a good feeling to have the closing weekend sold before the middle of the week. I think if we had another 20 seats we might have been able to fill them. I need to figure out a production model that allows us to keep a succesful show like this one up and running. It would have been difficult under any sort of conditions since there are 15 people in the cast, but what if we have a smaller cast show?

I will miss this show. Alot. I still need to process all the stuff I learned making it. I went way out of my comfort zone, and it worked. I have alot of folks to thank for that. The cast, David Lykins, John Ross Wilson, and many more. Thank you all.

Nanowrimo is going well. I am using Nanowrimo in the same manner in which I used it back in 2006 when I was working on a prose version of Seven Snakes. It worked in 2006 and I think it could and will work for The Grave Stranger as well. And, I must admit it has made the past few days very fruitful and positive. Taking a wider lense, a sort of world building approach to the story helps me to realize or generate elements to the story that just would not have occured to me before (or at the very least not as quickly...) Characters sudden appear that I had no idea could be in the story, for instance... Yesterday and Today, two very important characters to the protagnist's past just appeared. Why? Because there was something to this imposed word count deadline that helps one to keep hitting the keys (it helps me anyway).

I think I got to go back to writing right now.

No comments: